|(Vintage bag, Target maxi skirt, Free People top, Forever 21 denim vest, Steve Madden sandals, Charming Charlies necklace)|
Some of my all-time favorite items of clothing are maxi skirts or maxi dresses. To me, they are an essential to any girls' wardrobe. You can dress them down, dress them up, and make them the focus of an outfit. This is an example of how I styled one of my maxi skirts, purchased from Target, (amazing, right?!) for a casual day out. Since the skirt is patterned, I chose to keep the top one color, but still having lace design to make it more feminine. The studs on my vest are silver, but I'm currently loving the trend of mixing gold and silver together, so I went with gold accents such as shoes and a necklace. Adding a slouchy handbag can give a more boho, laid-back vibe to the outfit, like I did. Adding a more structured bag would allow the outfit to look more polished. It may seem too hot out these days to be sporting a longer skirt or dress, but wearing an embellished tank or a light top is a great way to balance out your outfit!
Below, there are 5 basic maxi skirts that could all transform into great pieces depending on how you prefer to style them! All of these skirts are under $30 and still adorable!
This is how I would personally style each one:
1. $28-Forever 21 skirt: This maxi skirt makes me want the beach! I would pair this with a white eyelet crop top, lots of gold bangles, and brown leather gladiator sandals for a summery & beachy look!
2. $30-Forever 21 skirt: Since the skirt is so feminine and sweet, I would edge it up a bit by pairing a cropped black graphic tee, black combat boots, and loads of funky silver rings!
3. $28-Modcloth skirt: Stripes are a timeless pattern and this skirt is very versatile. For a dressier day look I would add a flowy, bright coral tank, brown leather wedges, and a gold bib necklace!
4. $23-Forever 21 skirt: For this maxi skirt, adding another pop of color on top would add balance, such as a light turquoise to contrast with the yellow. I'm thinking gold accessories with a white or floral turban in the hair!
5. $25-Forever 21 skirt: This is by far my most favorite maxi skirt, it can be worn so many different ways. For a day look, I would go with a light pink floral bustier-style top, white high-top converse, a denim vest, and a lose side braid. For a more daring night time look, I would pair a leather, cobalt blue bustier top, a thin neon pink belt, a gold spiked necklace, and your hottest black pumps!