Sunday, November 18, 2012

Clouds without rain 

by Alise 

(H&M Cutoff butterfly dress, homemade tank, vintage belt, vintage ring, Old Navy legwarmers, Mizz Mooz boots, Paige's Cardigan from I don't know where *Sorry Paigeey*)


The sky has been misleading lately. Its begging to shred its tears. Thick, dark clouds cover my head for hours at a time, but never reach the breaking point. I look up, wondering when I will feel a drop on my nose, but the clouds won't speak to me. The weather is putting me at a slight loss, (Tights or no tights, bold or bare lips, fitted or lose?) Sometimes I simply cannot define the mood I'm in, which leads to mixed feelings when determining what to wear, because I'm not quite sure how to express myself through my style when I'm having this "feel nothing" feeling. I guess that could fly for "mysterious". So, I usually just resort to a mixture of weird prints that don't go together at all, and attempt to tone it down with neutrals. I find that repeating the same color, together, in your outfit can elongate that area of your body (black boots + black socks/leg warmers gives the illusion of longer legs, any two of the same colors will do the trick). Vintage accessories always polish off an outfit for me.

17 comments:

  1. Love the skirt!
    What about following each other? Visit my blog and let me know, it would be great to keep in touch!
    I was also wondering if you would like to enter the competition to become the Fashion Muse on my online fashion magazine, it means that you will have your outfits published there!....write an e-mail at info.forerunners@libero.it to learn more!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ylenia. I would love to follow you, your blog is great! xoxo :)

      Delete
  2. GORGEOUS!!!!LOVE THE SKIRT!!!
    XX



    P.S. LET US KNOW OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW EACH OTHER
    XOXO



    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I'd love to! Just followed you. Lovely blog. :) xo

      Delete
  3. adorable outfit love!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com

    Kristin
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU SO MUCH GIRLS!!!FOLLOWING YOU BACK NOW!!!SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!:)))


    XOXO





    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the print combination :D You look great!
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    p.s. Don't forget to check my Maison Martin Margiela with H&M GIVEAWAY ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much. :) Yes, just followed! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog and the outfit! Paige & Alice you two are both gorgeous!
    Would you like to follow eachother on Bloglovin’ & GFC? Check out my blog and let me know, I’ll follow straight back!

    http://www.kellyjade.co.uk
    Kelly

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we'd love to follow you! Thank you very much, Kelly. :) xo!

      Delete
  8. Thank you for the follow, that means a lot! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the jacket!! I've been looking for one that's cuddly, warm but not too chunky and of course, that won't kill my budget! =P


    xoRosie
    http://teacupsanddresses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete